Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Fall of Another Great Empire

How did this happen? Me. Ms. Politically Aware, Ms. Get-Out-and-Get-Your-Voice-Heard, Ms. Get-Yourself-Educated-About-the-Politics-of-the-Country-You-Call-Home, Ms. Stand-Up-For-Something...blah, blah, blah. Me. I have totally lost touch with U.S. policies, politics and the futileness of it all. Living outside the U.S. as I currently do, you would think it would be important for me stayed tuned in considering my past passion about getting this ((**ahem**)) fearless leader out of the White House.

What a strange place for me. We are a few short weeks away from an election that 4 years ago, I eagerly awaited (technically, I have been waiting 8 years). I am so checked-out, that I don't have a clue what the issues are that have the hot seat in the manipulated American mind. I know what the REAL issues are, but I also know that no matter what Obama or McCain promise regarding Iraq, health insurance, global warming, etc., anything that will actually commence much needed change, will be quickly dismantled with the red tape of politics and lobbyists. What is really needed -- a complete 180 in the way the U.S. is set up and operating on this planet -- I just don't see that happening.

I cannot seem to let go of the disappointment of the RE-ELECTION of Mr. Bush 4 loooong years ago. This disappointment is combined with the fact that the U.S. still has the Electoral College in place. Yeah, you know? That government branch that has the power to o-v-e-r-t-u-r-n popular vote? That same operating system that 4 years ago was known to be obsolete – it still alive and kicking in the upcoming election. Is that really democracy? How can my vote be overturned by some official that has no idea what is in my best interest, or how deeply I am impacted by the government that rules me? Yet, that is exactly what happened in the 2004 election. If Bush lost the popular vote in 2004, how was the Electoral College able to overturn that which directly opposed the popular vote? The U.S. does not have a true democracy until the Electoral College is dismantled and popular vote alone decides all elections.

They say when hope is lost, all is lost. I ask myself why I have become so disconnected and the answer is, I just lost hope. I lost hope that the U.S. will ever recover from its decomposing condition. I have lost hope that enough U.S. citizens will wake from their slumber. They will continue to see the writing on the wall, yet behave as if illiterate.

It is impossible to get enthusiastic about any administration change. It will be more of the same decline of the U.S., regardless of which candidate is elected. If all of this is what it means to be a proud American, than perhaps I don’t have it in me. This will be the first election in nearly 20 years that I will not be participating. I know, I know, I become part of the problem if I don’t. I just really do not see how who is in the White House will be able to change the mindset of a nation that has been lead astray and doesn’t even care to see the truth.

I watch from afar as election day draws nearer. The top 2 news stories are 1) the Election and 2) the crashing U.S. economy. This is where we get to get off the ride, folks!! 8 years ago, the U.S. was in a much better place, internationally, domestically, environmentally and integrally.

Throughout history, all of the great empires have fallen after long periods of world rule. The U.S., is on her way to meeting the same demise. Put your hand over your heart, ready....begin. ...

No comments: